We’re Google’s Farmers and It Wants Our Crops
Cyrus Shepard is this week’s guest on episode 568 of EDGE of the Web show. He sits down with Erin Sparks to discuss the changing SERP features, visual search, and the future outlook of SEO.
He is an SEO, online marketer, content publisher, speaker, and writer. Cyrus first discovered SEO in 2009, and took a wine business from 500k in sales to 2.5 million in one year.
Now let’s discuss why SEOs are Google’s farmers on this episode of the EDGE!
- [00:00:35] Introducing Cyrus Shepard
- [00:02:35] Pathway to SEO
- [00:06:03] Visual Search
- [00:08:39] EDGE of the Web Title Sponsor: Site Strategics
- [00:09:25] Zero Click Perspective
- [00:09:57] Google’s Writing Its Own Content
- [00:11:28] We’re Google’s Farmers and It Wants Our Crop
- [00:13:50] The Omnichannel Approach
- [00:17:31] You Gotta Know the SERP
- [00:18:01] EDGE of the Web Sponsor: edgeofthewebradio.com/wix
- [00:18:33] Zero Click Study from Semrush
- [00:21:28] Google MUM Taking Hold
- [00:24:07] EDGE of the Web Sponsor: edgeofthewebradio.com/seranking
- [00:25:47] Any Tools Tracking SERP Features Well?
Take the SE Ranking Checklist Challenge!
Receive a one-month Business Package subscription for completing this challenge when you go to https://edgeofthewebradio.com/seranking and send a screenshot of these completed steps:
- Create a project, add at least 5 keywords;
- Find 5 competitors via the Competitive Research tool and add them to “My Competitors” section;
- Run a website audit and show what issue you are going to fix;
- Do a backlink check and upload your backlinks to the Backlink Monitoring tool;
- Optimize one page using the Content Marketing tool.
One Edge Listener Will Get A Full Year Business Package. We’ll Announce That On Our Feb 10th Podcast! A $2,500 Value!
Would love it if you’d give us a rating on ratethispodcast.com/edge!