Can a Dog Eat an Avocado? And How Long Can Blue Cheese Stay in the Fridge?
We’re talking voice search, the Internet of Things, and Google’s Multitask Unified Model with Cindy Krum on this episode of the EDGE. Her breadth of knowledge on these topics and ability to predict the future is nearly endless. So much so, in fact, some might call her the Nostradamus of SEO.
Erin and Cindy dissect the difference between and the importance of Google’s transition from using a keyword-based understanding of the web to an entity understanding. This has major implications for both voice and mobile queries, not just SERPs. Lastly, we ask the hard-hitting questions here on the EDGE like, “Can a dog eat an avocado?” and “How long can blue cheese stay in the fridge?” Google knows.
- [00:02:38] Introducing guest Cindy Krum
- [00:05:04] Voice Search and How It Relates to Entity SEO
- [00:06:47] Right or Wrong Answers? Voice Search Learns
- [00:07:56] The Canonical Question
- [00:08:56] Google’s Dialog Flow
- [00:11:10] Understanding Questions vs. Keywords
- [00:13:12] Not Just Your Phone: Your Google Account is Constantly Learning
- [00:14:36] The Internet of Things
- [00:16:22] Site Strategics: Title Sponsor of EDGE of the Web
- [00:17:53] Can a Dog Eat an Avocado?
- [00:19:22] Inferred Concepts Extrapolated from How It’s Talked About
- [00:21:55] How Long Can Blue Cheese Stay in the Fridge?
- [00:26:14] EDGE of the Web Sponsor: WIX edgeofthewebradio.com/wix
- [00:27:18] Multitask Unified Model
- [00:36:40] EDGE of the Web Sponsor: SE Ranking
Take the SE Ranking Checklist Challenge!
Receive a one-month Pro 1000 subscription for completing this challenge when you go to https://edgeofthewebradio.com/seranking and send a screenshot of these completed steps:
- Create a project, add at least 5 keywords;
- Find 5 competitors via the Competitive Research tool and add them to “My Competitors” section;
- Run a website audit and show what issue you are going to fix;
- Do a backlink check and upload your backlinks to the Backlink Monitoring tool;
- Add any page to Page Changes Monitor (Website Audit section) and show the graphs of the history of changes.
One Edge Listener Will Get A Full Year Business Package. We’ll Announce That On Our Feb 10th Podcast! A $2,500 Value!
Content timeframe: 1/12/2023 to 2/10/2023.