Are You Bullish on Structured Data?
Cyrus Shepard and Erin Sparks explore why internal linking is so important to SEO, all while backing it up with studies and giving many pro tips for all of you SEOs out there. They also go in deep on AI content tools to share how-to and how not to use them and why.
They also go on a sidebar discussing the “happening in real time” implosion of Twitter and its eventual demise. In addition, the two give important must-knows about structured data and how it can impact your internal linking.
Now it’s time to take your inbound link building hat off and put your internal linking hat on for this episode of the EDGE!
- [00:01:25] Cyrus Shepard & Erin Sparks Discuss Twitter
- [00:03:23] Internal Link Building
- [00:05:36] The Importance of Anchor Text
- [00:07:18] Helpful Contextual Linking vs Menu Navigation
- [00:09:22] How Helpful is this Page?
- [00:11:20] Awareness, Consideration, Decision
- [00:12:04] Just Getting Started in SEO? Do this.
- [00:15:12] Named Entity Linking
- [00:18:25] Bullish on Structured Data?
- [00:19:40] Manual Penalties for Structured Data Spam
- [00:22:40] EDGE of the Web Sponsor: Wix
- [00:23:13] Automated Content Writing
- [00:27:25] The Artificial Intelligence is Learning
- [00:29:45] AI Chatbots are a Research Tool
- [00:33:51] SEO Pro Tip
- [00:35:58] What Bugs/Excites You About the SEO Industry Right Now?
Take the SE Ranking Checklist Challenge!
Receive a one-month Business Package subscription for completing this challenge when you go to https://edgeofthewebradio.com/seranking and send a screenshot of these completed steps:
- Create a project, add at least 5 keywords;
- Find 5 competitors via the Competitive Research tool and add them to “My Competitors” section;
- Run a website audit and show what issue you are going to fix;
- Do a backlink check and upload your backlinks to the Backlink Monitoring tool;
- Optimize one page using the Content Marketing tool.
One Edge Listener Will Get A Full Year Business Package. We’ll Announce That On Our Feb 10th Podcast! A $2,500 Value!
Would love it if you’d give us a rating on ratethispodcast.com/edge!