The Portability of Concepts from the SEO Sherpa
The SEO Sherpa, Cindy Krum, comes back to the EDGE loaded for bear! It’s awesome to reflect on what Cindy talked about in 2018 and now in 2023. She was spot on with Entities being the target of search engine optimization, and we cut back to that show just to reflect. Erin and Cindy walk through the history of the portability of concepts in search, watching what Google is leveraging as it rolls out features and functions for content providers to test. The Big G is always learning, and our job is feed the beast in order to win in search. Cindy Krum is a stellar player in the SEO constellation, and we’re excited to unpack this first segment of her 2022 interview with us. Be sure to check out the second episode coming shortly!
- [00:02:50] Introducing Cindy Krum
- [00:06:04] A Throwback Moment on Entities from the 2018 Show with Cindy
- [00:10:47] What are Entities?
- [00:12:43] Contextualizing the Cute Puppy Search
- [00:13:44] How Does Google Define an Entity?
- [00:15:02] Did Google Use Links to Understand Entities in the Early Days of Search?
- [00:16:23] How has the Knowledge Graph Evolved?
- [00:18:20] Mobile-First Indexing was a Misnomer. It had to do with Portability
- [00:21:28] Entities Being Language Agnostic: HREFLang
- [00:22:50] What is Above the Knowledge Graph? The Topic Layer
- [00:26:26] You Can Guarantee that there’s Another Training Benefit to What Google Rolls Out
- [00:28:36] Moving from Monolithic to Micro Services
- [00:30:31] Portability as it Applies to Passage Indexing