So Many Badges
Would you pay $12 a month to be verified on Facebook, Instagram and WhatsApp? Looks like Meta is adopting the Twitter model. Did you know Bing just put a cap on how many questions you can ask in a chat session. After 30 years of the existence of HTML Google finally gives actual guidance on link best practices.
Erin Sparks and Mordy Oberstein examine these topics and much more on this episode of EDGEtalk.
A big thanks to our new title sponsor of the show, SE Ranking. Check out their exclusive giveaway to the EDGE audience!
News from the EDGE:
- [00:04:58] You get a blue check and you get a blue check- Meta to add paid verification option, just like Twitter
- [00:10:01] Our Title Sponsor: SE Ranking
Take the SE Ranking Checklist Challenge!
Receive a one-month Pro 1000 subscription for completing this challenge when you go to https://edgeofthewebradio.com/seranking and send a screenshot of these completed steps:
- Create a project, add at least 5 keywords;
- Find 5 competitors via the Competitive Research tool and add them to “My Competitors” section;
- Run a website audit and show what issue you are going to fix;
- Do a backlink check and upload your backlinks to the Backlink Monitoring tool;
- Optimize one page using the Content Marketing tool.
Good luck! Deadline for the contest is February 28th.
- [00:11:30] Bing users seem to be chatting it up too much…
- [00:15:39] EDGE of the Web Sponsor: Inlinks
- [00:16:42] Google Releases New Best Practices for Links
Barry Blast from Search Engine Roundtable:
- [00:21:10] Microsoft To Release Major Quality Improvement For Bing AI Chat On Thursday
- [00:22:14] Google Business Profile Profile Strength Widget Now Live & Many Local SEOs Not Happy
- [00:24:16] Google Ads Tests Disabling Opt Out Of Search Partners & Display Network