Is ChatGPT Coming for Your Job?
Brands are admitting publicly to using AI to write their content – How do you think Google responded?
Erin and Mordy take a deep dive down the rabbit hole of Search Engine Land and explore ChatGPT, AI content creation, and how the indentation of a link in the SERP may impact your organic traffic. The duo asks tough questions like, “Is ChatGPT coming for your job?”
This week’s Barry Blast confirms the completed rollout of Google’s Helpful Content and Link Spam updates, that linking to multiple products in a review may give the page a SERP boost, and Google admits it is challenging to write an SEO case study.
A big thanks to our new title sponsor of the show, SE Ranking. Check out their exclusive giveaway to the EDGE audience!
News from the EDGE:
- [00:05:18] Are indented search results helping or hurting your business?
- [00:11:52] New Title Sponsor: SE Ranking
Take the SE Ranking Checklist Challenge!
Receive a one-month Pro 1000 subscription for completing this challenge when you go to https://edgeofthewebradio.com/seranking and send a screenshot of these completed steps:
- Create a project, add at least 5 keywords;
- Find 5 competitors via the Competitive Research tool and add them to the “My Competitors” section;
- Run a website audit and show what issue you are going to fix;
- Do a backlink check and upload your backlinks to the Backlink Monitoring tool;
- Optimize one page using the Content Marketing tool.
One Edge Listener Will Get A Full Year Business Package. We’ll Announce That On Our Feb 10th Podcast! A $2,500 Value!
- [00:14:08] More and more brands are using AI to write their content. . . And Google responds.
- [00:23:11] EDGE of the Web Sponsor: edgeofthewebradio.com/inlinks
- [00:24:23] OpenAI likely to get a $10b investment from Microsoft
- [00:26:54] Will you lose your job to ChatGPT?
- [00:32:50] EDGE of the Web Sponsor: edgeofthewebradio.com/site
Barry Blast from Search Engine Roundtable:
- [00:33:31] Barry Blast 1: Google’s Helpful Content and Link Spam updates are finished rolling out
- [00:34:36] Barry Blast 2: According to Google, writing SEO case studies can be challenging
- [00:36:00] Barry Blast 3: Google says that linking to multiple sellers in product reviews might give a small ranking boost