Ring Dings or Ding Dongs?
We cover the MOST important digital marketing news of the week: which is better, Ring Dings or Ding Dongs – seriously?
Erin, Mordy, and Greg Finn of Marketing O’Clock take on some great articles from Search Engine Land and Martech in regard to search engine marketing this week. Yup – Mordy had nothing to do. The serious part of the show, though: is Google changing how it defines what you opted into AFTER you approved of a Google Ads Recommendation? Is this really what we’re seeing?
And yes, we do conduct a blind taste test in the studio with those chocolatey wonders….as well as Ring Dings (grin).
Special thanks to our new title sponsor of the show, SE Ranking. Check out their special giveaway to the EDGE audience!
News from the EDGE:
- [00:03:27] Changing the Recommendations AFTER You Have Opted In? Really – Come on, Google Ads!
- [00:14:33] Ring Dings vs. Ding Dongs
- [00:16:09] New Title Sponsor: SE Ranking
Take the SE Ranking Checklist Challenge!
Receive a one-month Pro 1000 subscription for completing this challenge when you go to https://edgeofthewebradio.com/seranking and send a screenshot of these completed steps:
- Create a project, add at least 5 keywords;
- Find 5 competitors via the Competitive Research tool and add them to “My Competitors” section;
- Run a website audit and show what issue you are going to fix;
- Do a backlink check and upload your backlinks to the Backlink Monitoring tool;
- Optimize one page using the Content Marketing tool.
One Edge Listener Will Get A Full Year Business Package. We’ll Announce That On Our Feb 10th Podcast! A $2,500 Value!
- [00:18:51] Local Search Is Showing More And More Spam And Fake Reviews, And Google Can’t Keep Up
- [00:26:05] EDGE of the Web Sponsor: edgeofthewebradio.com/inlinks
- [00:26:42] Top (3) GA4 features to help you find that lost data from UA
Barry Blast from Search Engine Roundtable:
- [00:35:41] Google: Helpful Content Update & Link Spam Update Can Take Another Week Or Two To Complete – Link
- [00:35:51] Dentists Now Can Use Google Local Service Ads – Link
- [00:37:02] Team Member, Chad Pollitt, Participates in a Blind Taste Test: Ring Dings vs Ding Dongs!
- [00:38:31] Report: Microsoft Bing To Add OpenAI’s ChatGPT Feature – Link