Google I/O Ai Takeover
Hot after the search announcement at Google I/O conference, Erin, Mordy and Jacob roll through the slew of changes that are coming to SEO. Search Generative Experience will be the coin of the realm, and SEO tools are in red alert! We go through stories from The Verge, Search Engine Land and a series of AI news items. Always a hat tip to Barry Schwartz from Search Engine Roundtable, the SEO prophet.
News from the EDGE:
- [00:02:58] The AI Takeover of Google Search
- [00:18:58] What are Ads Going to Look Like in SGE?
- [00:21:17] EDGE of the Web Title Sponsor: Site Strategics
- [00:22:29] Googles Ad Transparency Center
- [00:24:01] AI experts sound alarm on technology going into 2024 election: ‘We’re not prepared for this’
- [00:27:48] Amazon working on AI tools to generate videos, images for advertisers
- [00:28:19] OpenAI rolls out more than 70 ChatGPT plugins including Internet access
- [00:28:36] Meta Announces AI-Powered Tools To Streamline Ad Processes
- [00:28:39] Airtable AI Makes Modern AI Accessible Across the Enterprise
- [00:28:51] AI Girlfriend: This influencer is making $1/minute with a bot trained on her voice
- [00:30:39] EDGE of the Web Sponsor: edgeofthewebradio.com/inlinks
Barry Blast from Search Engine Roundtable:
- [00:32:28] Google: Invalid Schema Markup Doesn’t Hurt You
- [00:33:50] Google Reiterates: Google Analytics 4 Deadline Is Not Changing
- [00:35:29] Google I/O Search Algorithm Ranking Update – Unconfirmed
We would love it if you’d give us a rating on ratethispodcast.com/edge!