Tracking Google Updates Galore
Dr. Marie Haynes shares her thoughts and insights on the EDGE by looking at the plethora of Google algorithm updates this year. 2022 has seen its fair share of volatility in the SERPs. In addition, she explores ways to identify and track the impacts of algorithm updates on a website while pointing out many of the culprits responsible for misleading false positives which may be wrongfully associated with an update.
With over 10 years of SEO experience, she’s a regular speaker at MozCon, Pubcon, SMX, and Brighton SEO, and a frequent contributor to many industry publications. She’s the owner and President of Marie Haynes Consulting. Additionally, Dr. Marie Haynes is the host of one of the top SEO podcasts, Search News You Can Use.
Time to dive into Google algorithm updates… on the EDGE!
- [00:02:15] Introducing Dr. Marie Haynes
- [00:04:11] Highest Levels of Continued Rank Volatility
- [00:05:00] Should We Be Focused On Traffic?
- [00:06:41] Product Review and Core Updates
- [00:09:11] The Compounding Impacts of Multiple Updates and Diagnoses
- [00:13:42] Gross Traffic vs. Individual Page Traffic
- [00:14:32] Transactional vs. Informative Content
- [00:16:31] Old School SEO
- [00:18:12] Intent and Relevancy
- [00:21:41] The Helpful Content Update, Knowledge Graph and Snippets
- [00:23:32] Not All Traffic Changes Are From Algorithm Updates
- [00:27:35] MobileMoxie Tracks Historical SERP Snippets
- [00:29:37] The Apocalypse!
- [00:33:16] Questions, Questions and More Questions
- [00:35:18] External Evidence
- [00:37:20] AI Content Is Likely Algorithmically Identifiable
Dr. Marie Haynes’ SEO Podcast