Jason Barnard has joined Erin on the EDGE again to discuss his new book, The Fundamentals of Brand SERP for Business. Jason, The Brand SERP Guy, is blazing the trail of Brand SERP education and we’re unpacking concepts around this on this podcast as well as the second segment. But, Is Brand SERP SEO? Are Brand SERPs a ranking factor for keyword ranking? We’re covering these questions and so much more in this episode.
We also have a giveaway from this interview! Submit a Brand SERP oddity that you see in the wild to #BrandSERPoddities on Twitter and you could win Jason’s book as well as an EDGE of the Web hat for contributing! Show us the weirdness you’re seeing out there!
- [00:04:02] Writing the Book was an Experiment to Adjust Google’s Understanding of Jason
- [00:07:01] Google has Been Working with this Aim All Along But Needed the Technology to Do It
- [00:09:15] Separating Entities: Disambiguation as a Strategy
- [00:11:37] Humans Understand Through Association
- [00:12:34] Teach Google That Triplet, Who You Are, What You Do, Who Your Audience Is
- [00:13:29] Our Title Sponsor: Page One Power | edgeofthewebradio.com/pageonepower
- [00:16:20] Is Brand SERP Optimization (SEO) Search Engine Optimization or Something Parallel?
- [00:17:35] Brand SERP is a Representation of Google’s Opinion of the World’s Opinion of You
- [00:20:19] Is There a Correlation Between Brand SERP and Keyword Ranking?
- [00:22:09] Sponsor for EDGE of the Web: Site Strategics
- [00:25:03] What Have Been the Challenges in Writing a Book to Reeducate SEOs Around the World?
- [00:29:01] How Do You Map a Learning Brain?
- [00:32:48] If You Haven’t Started to Master the Vertical Brand Serps in Two Years….
- [00:35:14] Our Special Giveaway: Jason’s Book & an EDGE of the Web Hat! #BrandSERPOddities