In News SEO: Google Doesn’t Read Your Content*
In this second segment of our interview with Barry Adams, we unpacked further some SEO tips for the news publishing industry. We delve into misconceptions about how Google processes news sites. We also find some shocking points, including how Google looks at titles in news posts. We finish up with a discussion about truth in the news industry and how that affects rank.
Be sure to check out the first part of the interview: we start with some major SEO points common from over 50 news site audits Barry has performed.
- [00:05:18] Don’t Make Optimization a Challenge for the Writers
- [00:08:48] The Navigation of the Site Cannot Be Overlooked
- [00:16:53] The Title Isn’t Important: How About That?
- [00:18:17] Google Doesn’t Even Read the Content Until It Reads the Structured Data
- [00:20:05] Google Doesn’t Even Render the HTML. News is Fast
- [00:23:37] The Monetization Factor: Where Load Time Dies
- [00:28:21] Small Changes Over Time Make the Difference.
- [00:32:00] How Valuable is Trust in News?
- [00:39:04] News and Editorial SEO Summit: NewsSeo.io