Start and End with Research
Dan Shure, host of Experts of the Wire podcast, returns to join the EDGE. He discusses how the show came about in 2015 and the factors of the success of a podcast with today’s digital consumers. There are some huge lessons that the EDGE team shares in common with Dan and his show. We were eager to discuss how podcasting flourished through COVID and what kept some of them afloat after. Dan shares some podcasting tips with our listeners as he reflects on one of the most important elements of podcasts – research.
Join one of the EDGE’s astute colleagues, Dan Shure, as we go on the Wire with this Expert!
- [00:02:35] Introducing Dan Shure
- [00:04:57] SEO Came From Necessity
- [00:10:30] How the SEO Podcast Affected Dan’s Business
- [00:12:14] Audio Quality Is a Separator in the Podcast Space
- [00:15:54] When Dan’s SEO Skills Took Off
- [00:17:52] Some Lessons Learned About Podcasting
- [00:18:09] EDGE of the Web Title Sponsor: edgeofthewebradio.com/pageonepower
- [00:19:01] Research is the Key
- [00:22:24] Companies that Jumped Into Podcasting During COVID
- [00:24:51] Oversaturation of the Medium?
- [00:25:33] EDGE of the Web Sponsor: edgeofthewebradio.com/wix
- [00:26:07] Podcast Tips: Equipment?
- [00:27:26] Find Your Niche or Create One
- [00:30:12] Education from the Podcast Discipline
- [00:32:53] Asking 50 Experts