Darren Shaw of Whitespark.ca joins the EDGE in the second of two parts as we dive into the persistent Local SEO Myths. We covering a great deal that Darren has seen for years and we kill them off, one by one. Darren is a fantastic resource for understanding the true impact that Google My Business (now Google Business Profile) has on a local service company’s customer relationship and conversions.
- [00:02:33] Local SEO Myth: Does everything have to be perfect for Google?
- [00:05:26] Local SEO Myth: Using a Call Tracking Number Negatively Impacts Rankings
- [00:07:22] Local SEO Myth: Setting Service Area in Google My Business Impacts Ranking
- [00:09:24] Local SEO Myth: Keywords in the Business Description
- [00:12:53] The Absolute, Most Important Thing to Convey: Trust
- [00:13:52] Local SEO Myth: Geotagging Images
- [00:18:16] Google Knows Your Space, Knows Your Brand, Knows Your Business
- [00:19:27] Local SEO Myth: No One Reads Reviews Anymore
- [00:25:25] Consumer Reviews Are A Conversion Step
- [00:34:35] Shoppers Are Not Clicking Through to Websites Anymore