Own the Real Estate of your Brand
Jason Barnard returns for the second segment of his interview with EDGE of the Web to discuss Brand SERP optimization. Jason, The Brand SERP Guy, helps us understand how to optimize certain features in the Brand SERP. Erin and Jason have a great time walking through the rich elements of the BrandSERP and discussing mistakes to avoid in the process of owning the real estate of your brand!
We also have a giveaway from this interview! Submit a Brand SERP oddity that you see in the wild to #BrandSERPoddities on Twitter, and you could win Jason’s book and an EDGE of the Web hat for contributing! Show us the weirdness you’re seeing out there!
- [00:04:20] Google is determined to keep you on the SERP
- [00:06:42] Features of the BrandSERP
- [00:07:51] Experimenting with Google
- [00:09:24] If Google has Confidence, It Reacts Quickly: Meta
- [00:15:38] Optimizing for Rich Site Links and Rich Elements
- [00:21:26] How to Get Twitter Cards on your BrandSERP
- [00:24:37] Videos on the BrandSERP: Tik Tok & YouTube
- [00:25:36] People Also Asked Opportunites for BrandSERP Optimization
- [00:28:39] How Do You Remove Elements from the BrandSERP?
- [00:36:33] The Entity’s Identity Taking Shape
- [00:38:39] Will There Be Blackhat BrandSERP Tactics?
- [00:40:10] How Can Entity SEO be used in a Crisis Management Situation?