Using the EAT Framework for Video SEO
Erin Sparks at EDGE talks with Paul Andre (DRE) de Vera about all things video SEO. He brings over a decade of SEO experience to bear with his best practices for video and YouTube optimization. He’s constantly experimenting using his own successful Video SEO Show and has developed a robust array of best practices.
Dre opines on the importance of video for engagement, overall SEO, and its usefulness in owning the most pixels in the SERP. He explores how to use the EAT (Expertise, Authority and Trust) framework for video and then dives into YouTube optimization.
As Dre said, “Just press record,” so that’s what we’re going to do right now. . . on the EDGE!
- [00:02:47] Introducing Paul Andre de Vera
- [00:06:29] Owning the Pixels on Page One
- [00:08:00] It’s All About Engagement
- [00:09:33] Getting Video Wrong
- [00:10:07] Be a Real Person, NOT a Persona & EAT
- [00:17:45] YTO – YouTube Optimization
- [00:22:16] How Long to See Impacts of Video Optimization?
- [00:27:33] Google Loves Livestreaming
- [00:28:23] Pro Tip: Just Press Record