Plus a Quick History of Schema
It’s time to own your knowledge graph! Martha van Berkel of SchemaApp shares her perspective on the history of structured data, its pitfalls, and its stabilization. Listen in as she helps guide us in understanding the concept of semantic relationships, but more importantly, hear her call! Get back to BASICS! SchemaApp is trying to train the world, and you can dive in with the CEO of a really fantastic tool!
- [00:02:21] Introducing Martha van Berkel’s schema journey
- [00:08:00] How important is Structured Data in SEO?
- [00:08:39] History of Structured Data for Websites
- [00:10:15] The Moment the Chaos Stopped
- [00:11:46] Schema.org: One Ring to Rule Them All
- [00:15:21] The Definition of Semantics
- [00:16:51] Think About Schema like the Biological Classification
- [00:17:36] Solving Schema at Scale
- [00:19:30] Reporting on the Value of Structured Data Deployment
- [00:23:16] EDGE of the Web Title Sponsor: Site Strategics
- [00:24:40] It’s Not Google’s Knowledge Graph, It’s Yours
- [00:30:06] Friends Don’t Let Friends Schema Spam
- [00:32:48] We Need to Go Back To Basics
- [00:34:01] Training the World
- [00:35:37] EDGE of the Web Sponsor: Wix
- [00:37:15] Schema is Your First Communication with Google
Would love it if you’d give us a rating on ratethispodcast.com/edge!