Canaries in the Coal Mine while Crawling around on the Library Floor
Mark Williams-Cook and Erin Sparks have a deep conversation about the current transition happening for SEOs – moving from keyword search volume to intent volume. They opine on zero-volume keywords, PAAs, and Knowledge Graph optimization.
He shares his experiences doing SEO for nearly 20 years and delves into some of his recent experiments around PAAs, content scraping, and AI-written content. Mark says that in the future, today’s Google will be like crawling around the floor of a library looking for that one book.
Intent of Search is the new paradigm… on the EDGE!
- [00:02:48] Introducing Mark Williams-Cook
- [00:09:21] What are Zero-Volume Keywords?
- [00:11:32] Intent Volume vs. Search Volume
- [00:15:12] People Also Ask and Intent Proximity
- [00:19:41] Knowledge Graph Optimization
- [00:23:06] Strategies Toward Optimization of Knowledge Not Volume
- [00:24:01] Google says Links Won’t be as Important in the Future
- [00:26:33] The Helpful Content Evolution
- [00:27:28] Mark’s Tests: Scraped vs A.I. Content
- [00:32:28] Crawling Around the Floor Looking for a Book in the Library
Take the SE Ranking Checklist Challenge!
Receive a one-month Business Package subscription for completing this challenge when you go to https://edgeofthewebradio.com/seranking and send a screenshot of these completed steps:
- Create a project, add at least 5 keywords;
- Find 5 competitors via the Competitive Research tool and add them to “My Competitors” section;
- Run a website audit and show what issue you are going to fix;
- Do a backlink check and upload your backlinks to the Backlink Monitoring tool;
- Optimize one page using the Content Marketing tool.
One Edge Listener Will Get A Full Year Business Package. We’ll Announce That On Our Feb 10th Podcast! A $2,500 Value!
Would love it if you’d give us a rating on ratethispodcast.com/edge!