Google Accused of Misleading Us All!
Google has a whistleblower! A former software engineer for Google reveals the search engine IS incorporating clicks into its ranking algorithm and explains that employees were directed to refrain from discussing the use of clicks in search rankings. Plus, Google continuously inflates ad prices without telling advertisers!
Need a new friend? ChatGPT is rolling out it’s first ever voice and image capabilities so that you can engage in voice conversations with the chatbot or share images to express your thoughts… It sounds like a disaster waiting to happen. You’ve got a friend in all of us here on the EDGE Of The Web Podcast; enjoy this week’s exciting news!
News from the EDGE:
- [00:02:21] BrightonSEO US Free Tickets: Nov 9, 10 2023
- [00:04:20] Did the automatic GA4 Transition surprise you?
- [00:07:10] Google claims they may inflate ad prices by as much as 5%. What do advertisers think the real number is? (Hint: Google may only be off by about 95%)
- [00:09:09] EDGE of the Web Title Sponsor: Site Strategics
- [00:09:43] An ex-Google employee will be quoted for the next thousand years about Google “using clicks in rankings.”
- [00:17:23] ChatGPT rolls out voice and image prompts
- [00:19:42] White House secures safety commitments from eight more AI companies
- [00:20:09] Meta bets on AI personalities
- [00:21:00] Humata – Ask questions and chat with any file instantly using AI
- [00:21:54] Photo AI – Create beautiful AI photos without using a camera
- [00:23:32] Yahoo Fantasy Football – AI Takes Over the Best Part of Fantasy Football—Trash-Talking Your Friends
- [00:25:16] EDGE of the Web Sponsor: InLinks
Barry Blast from Search Engine Roundtable:
- [00:26:27] Bing Webmaster Tools Sitemap Index Coverage Is Fully Live
- [00:28:10] Google Not Rolling Back The Last Helpful Content Update
- [00:31:42] Google: Links No Longer A Top Three Ranking Signal