Baking PAA Bread with Google
Erin Sparks and Mark Williams-Cook explore featured snippets, and People Also Ask (PAA) features from Google. They dig into the benefits and how SEOs can take advantage of them. They somehow found a way to bake bread with Google, too.
Mark helped spearhead the development of one of Erin’s favorite SEO/content tools, AlsoAsked.com. His software collects PAAs from Google and allows users to use the data in a variety of ways, from creating long-form content to writing higher-converting PPC ads.
Join the party and help bake bread with Google… on the EDGE!
- [00:02:24] Reintroducing Mark Williams-Cook
- [00:04:06] What is People Also Ask (PAA)?
- [00:06:54] Intent: Information or Transaction?
- [00:09:10] Baking Bread with Google
- [00:13:33] It’s Okay to Answer the Same Question Twice on Two Different Pages
- [00:15:09] Answer the Public
- [00:17:58] Google’s Content Extrapolation
- [00:19:22] Hiking a Mountain with MUM
- [00:21:55] Salesy Laundry PAA Gap
- [00:27:00] A Featured Snippet Strategy for SEO
- [00:29:13] The UK Government and the Clown Circus
- [00:30:02] AlsoAsked.com is One of our Favorite Tools
- [00:41:43] Mark: We’re Polarized in SEO Right Now
Take the SE Ranking Checklist Challenge!
Receive a one-month Business Package subscription for completing this challenge when you go to https://edgeofthewebradio.com/seranking and send a screenshot of these completed steps:
- Create a project, add at least 5 keywords;
- Find 5 competitors via the Competitive Research tool and add them to “My Competitors” section;
- Run a website audit and show what issue you are going to fix;
- Do a backlink check and upload your backlinks to the Backlink Monitoring tool;
- Optimize one page using the Content Marketing tool.
One Edge Listener Will Get A Full Year Business Package. We’ll Announce That On Our Feb 10th Podcast! A $2,500 Value!